Title of Post: NABMSE Executive Officer
Role: Special School Support Officer
Employing authority: National Association of Boards of Management in Special Education
Contract Status: Part time, fixed term
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Location: Kildare Education Centre, Friary Road, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare R51 KN66.
Reporting Relationships: The School Support Officer will be responsible to the General Secretary of NABMSE.
The Special School Support Officer will collaborate with the General Secretary to:
Promote NABMSE’s work:
- To prepare, maintain and develop regular Newsletters and Flyers, and to assist the general secretary to update the NABMSE Website and social media.
Represent and Network
- To represent NABMSE at relevant conferences, seminars, and meetings and to report back to the Executive Committee
- To help in updating the NABMSE database of relevant agencies, schools etc
- To assist the general secretary in maintaining communication/representation with the Department of Education and Skills and with other Government agencies and Management bodies
Keep abreast of national contexts
- To keep abreast of and to update the General Secretary on current and new legislation
- To gather and disseminate to the General Secretary information on current and emerging issues
- To contribute to developing a NABMSE strategy and strategic responses
- To assist the general secretary to draft policies and submissions for approval of the Executive Committee
- To provide information to the Executive Committee on developing policy
Market and Promote
- To raise the profile of NABMSE and its functions by assisting in the development of a marketing plan
The Special School Support Officer will:
- Respond to calls and emails from NABMSE member schools and advise them according to NABMSE policy, and DES (and other relevant) circulars and letters
- Link in with newly appointed principals of special schools, set up links with established principals, and establish support network meetings-in hybrid format
- Create a one stop recommended resources page on the NABMSE website
- Attend locally/regionally organised groups to promote NABMSE membership and supports, and to gather information on current issues, to highlight to the general secretary for action and response
- Write summaries of meetings attended and provide copies to the general secretary
- Provide a monthly report to the Executive Committee with a summary of work activities, meetings etc.
- Work closely with the General Secretary and make monthly reports to the EC. It is envisaged that some support meetings may take place outside of office hours. The coordinator must be willing to be flexible in the management of 20 hours work per week.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a special School context
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team or on own initiative
- Be proficient in MSOffice Suite, with good presentation and report writing skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
- Have a strong commitment to delivering an excellent service to our members
NABMSE is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment.
Closing date for applications: Friday, Oct 6th, 2023.
Please apply by post or email with your cv to:
NABMSE (Registered Charity Number: 20053208)
Postal address: Kildare Education Centre, Friary Road, Kildare Town R51 KN66, Ireland
Phone: +353 45 533 753